There is no doubt that having one of the best toilets in the 21st century is incredibly important. This perhaps explains the reason why people invest a substantial amount of money to get a toilet that only looks fantastic in the bathroom, but it is also comfortable to sit on, easy to use, and helps save the scarce resource –water. With care and thorough research, you will definitely find plenty of remarkable models that will suit the environment you are living and last for decades.
3 Best Seller Toilets on Amazon.
However, more often than not, most consumers find it difficult choosing the best toilets for the simple reason the vast amount of types and brands overwhelms them. Therefore, to give first-time buyers or anybody else concerned about choosing the best toilet a head start, we have compiled a list of top ten best toilets in 2020 for your consideration.
10 Best Toilets Consumer Reports 2020.
1. TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake
If you are looking for one of the best two-piece toilet (the tank and bowl are separate), then TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake is the brand to consider. This brand is built to be powerful, sturdy, and efficient. Made of durable vitreous china, you would not have to worry about replacing it for the years to come. It features, wide flush valve, creating extremely effective and powerful flush. The TOTO Drake brand is well known for low water consumption at only 1.6 gallons per flush. Unlike many conventional toilets in the market, this one operates quietly thanks to its amazing G-max flushing system, which also comes with a one-year limited warranty. It features an elongated bowl design for ultimate comfort. The cotton white toilet ultimately reflects the light around the room well.
- It has the universal height and high-profile tank
- The toilet is ADA compliant
- It uses the G-Max flushing system
- It has a 3-inch flush valve
- Tank with fittings, lid, less seat, and chrome plated trip lever
2. WoodBridge T-0001 One-Piece Dual Flush Elongated Toilet
T-000l is one of the nitty-gritty models from WoodBridge best known for modern, minimal, and sleek designs that will fit nicely in any style of bathroom. With a comfort height of 18-inches from the top of the seat to the floor, the majority of adults using this toilet will be able to stand up from a seated position as well as sit onto the seat. This toilet is fitted with a dual flush system triggered by selecting one of the two buttons situated on the top of the bowl, each providing different amount water gallons depending on the type of water lying in the bowl. The outstanding feature of T-000l toilet is arguably its soft closing seat that comes with a stainless steel seat hinge, guaranteeing a long-lasting use. The quietly operating toilet comes with a five-year limited warranty on porcelain parts (staining and fading) and a one-year limited warranty for its flushing mechanism and soft closing seat, giving users complete peace of mind!
- It utilizes the siphon flushing system
- The toilet is an all-in-one package design
- CSA & UPC, WaterSense, and High-efficiency certified toilet
- It is fitted with a high-end soft closing with a stainless steel and durable seat hinge
- Professional installation and instruction manual included in the package
3. Dometic 300 Series Standard Height Toilet
If you are looking for a toilet that is easy to install, use, and maintain, then the Dometic 300 series is your perfect match. Made of strong, durable, and very lightweight polypropylene plastic, this toilet is one of the most efficient brands, using only one pint per flush. This toilet uses gravity flush mechanism, generating triple jet action that ensures all the waste is removed completely. The compact Dometic 300 series toilet has an innovative valve and drop away ball system –something lacking in toilets of its class. The level of water in the tank is also adjustable.
- It comes with two-year protection plus warranty
- Triple-jet bowl rinse
- Full-size residential style seat
- Gravity flush an optional hand spray
- Very lightweight
- Standard height of 18-inches from the floor to top to the seat
4. Aqua-Magic V RV Hand Flush Thetford 31667 Toilet
If you are looking for a top-quality toilet for use in an RV, then here is your perfect match. Aqua-Magic V RV Hand Flush Thetford 31667 Toilet is a compact and classic style, making it work perfectly in almost all recreational vehicle types. The toilet features a single-handle flush system where you just need to press it to halfway so you can add water to the bowl and give way to flush. More importantly, it achieves a100 percent bowl coverage flush. With a textured lid that resist scuffs and sheds water, this brand is arguably designed to offer much-needed comfort. Being a high profile toilet, it offers taller seating height further complementing the previous comfort. This toilet is also fitted with a hand sprayer ideal for rinsing hands, an idea that significantly reduces water consumption.
- Lightweight with only 9.4 pounds –easy to install, service, and use
- High profile seating heating
- Made of a plastic material
- Full activation single-hand flushing system
5. American Standard 288DA114.020 Toilet
If you are looking for something remarkable on a lower budget, then you may consider the American Standard 288DA114.020 Toilet. This product offers superior and maximum water savings without compromising performance with a flush rate of 1.1 gallons/flush. The ultra-high efficiency toilet meeting the EPA WaterSense criteria is the best suitable toilet for smaller bathrooms because of its round front design. Its elongated bowl and 16-1/2 inches PowerWash rim enhance the ease of use. This toilet features an EverClean surface that inhibits the growth of stains or odors causing mold, mildew, and bacteria on the surface.
- Two-piece installation type
- Employs siphon jet bowl technology
- The toilet is ADA and EPA WaterSense certified
- Made of vitreous china material
6. TOTO Eco Drake CST744E#01 Two-Piece Elongated 1.28 GPF Toilet
The TOTO Eco Drake CST744E#01 is a high profile two-piece elongated bowl toilet that offers the best ever bathroom performance. If you are looking for a durable and powerful brand to work within both commercial and residential applications, then this toilet is the best choice. It has an E-max flushing system featuring a three-inch wide flush valve, large trapway, and extra-large siphon jet that works efficiently to keep the bowl ever clean so users do not have to scrub it quite often. It uses 1.28 gallons of water during every single flush and it comes fitted with a left-hand trip lever. The Eco Drake tank set and bowl include tank-to-bowl hardware, tank-to-bowl gasket, and toilet bolt caps.
- It is EPA WaterSense certified
- Bowl height excluding the seat is 14.625 inches
- The toilet is ADA and EPA WaterSense certified
- The SoftClose seat is sold separately
7. WOODBRIDGE T-0019 One Piece Dual Flush Elongated Toilet
If you are looking for a luxurious, modern design toilet, then consider WOODBRIDGE T-0019 One Piece Dual Flush Elongated. It is clean with a sleek look complemented with different styles like craftsman, modern, traditional, and so on. The skirted trapway fitted in this toilet not only creates a sleek look but also make cleaning easier. Unlike other brands, this one does not have grooves and corners, thereby making cleaning an easy experience. The toilet utilizes a dual flush system using an average of 1.28 gallons of water per flush. The fully glazed flush system ensures that this toilet is powerful and operates quietly –no leaks and no clogs. The product comes with a five-year limited warranty applicable on porcelain parts against staining/fading of the glaze. There is also a one-year warranty on the soft closing toilet seat and flushing mechanism.
- It is fitted with a high-end soft closing bowl seat with stainless steel & durable seat hinge
- High-efficiency, UPC & CSA, and WaterSense Certified
- Comfort height design similar to chair-height seating
- White cotton toilet
8. TOTO CST744EL#01 Eco Drake Two-Piece Elongated Toilet
The TOTO CST744EL#01 Eco Drake Two-Piece Elongated is a durable and powerful toilet finding its work in both commercial and residential applications. The brand utilizes E-max flushing system compounded with a three-inch flush valve, large trapway, and siphon jet, together yielding powerful cleansing flush using only 1.28 gallons of water. The beautiful innovation comes with a standard left-hand chrome lever and 12-inch rough in. It has a high-profile tank that appears stylish and timeless. The Eco Drake tank and bowl set includes toilet bolt caps, tank-to-bowl hardware, and tank-to-bowl gasket.
- It is WaterSense, ADA, CEC, and CALGreen compliant
- It utilizes the E-max flushing system
- SoftClose toilet seat is sold separately
- It is a two-piece elongated toilet
9. 20-inch Extra Tall Toilet
As its name suggests, the 20-inch Extra Tall Toilet, this is one of the tallest toilets in the market. Its bowl height from the top of the rim to the floor is 20 inches so that it hits 21 inches when added to the seat height. This is an ergonomic toilet height as it helps users sit down and stand up easily –a most-sought-after bathroom feature. Unlike the previous models of the same brand, this one has an upgraded chrome handle. With a dual flushing system consuming an average of 1.28 gallons of water, this toilet qualifies to be categorized under the water economy brands.
- A slow-closing lightweight plastic seat provided
- ADA compliant
- Fitted with an elongated slow-close seat
- Water consumption of 1.28 GPF for solid waste and 0.9 GPF for liquid waste
10. Swiss Madison SM-1T257 Sublime II Compact 1-Piece Toilet
Swiss Madison SM-1T257 Sublime II is a compact, slender one-piece toilet ideal for small bathrooms. Its high performance is attributed to the dual flush gravity mechanism that utilizes between 0.8 to 1.28 gallons of water per flush based on the kind of waste in the bowl. It is a high-profile toilet with a floor-to-seat height of 24 inches, significantly reducing bathroom falls. The one-piece and easy-to-clean toilet has an elongated bowl that offers an additional room and comfort. The toilet’s soft seat closes quietly and slowly.
- It advances a compact design
- It has an elongated bowl
- Made of porcelain material
- It is ADA compliant
Picking the best toilet for a bathroom is a big concern among many consumers. The sheer amount of brands in the market makes your selection an overwhelming experience. That is not enough though; you have to know something various styles, sizes, flushing mechanisms, finishes, and bowls, which is enough to give anyone a mild headache.
Nonetheless, it is our sincere hope that we have made the whole process a little bit easier by compiling a list of the top ten best toilets in 2020. There is no doubt that you will not miss your perfect match from our list. Pick one or two brands and thank us later!